Want to know how to stop smoking and drinking? Then you can get here a practical support. Smoking and drinking both are harmful physical addictions. Everyone knows cigarette smoking is injurious to health, but if you are using it in over quantity, it will destroy you.
HOW TO STOP SMOKING-
- First of all, you should identify the things that make you want to smoke, including people, situations, activities, and feelings. There are specific activities places or people you are associated with smoking.
- Sometimes you feel the need to smoke after a meal, and whenever you break for tea or coffee, and sometimes you reached a cigarette when you are feeling unhappy and stressed. Then you should focus on the opportunities that make you anxious about smoking. In this way, you will be aware to avoid smoking.
- The second most crucial thing is to throw away all of your cigarettes, lighters, ashtrays, and matches. After doing it clean your all stuff like clothes, drapes, car, carpet, and everything that smells like smoke because it will attract you again for smoking.
- Be determined to avoid smoking and drinking do some physical activities like some push-ups, Yoga, stretches, run around the block, or go for a walk. Try to do something for making you calm down, such as practicing deep breathing exercises, meditation, read some interesting books.
- Sometimes use to go where smoking is not allowed like any store, mall, coffee shop, or cinema. Whenever you feel restless, try to engage yourself anywhere.
- Slowly drinking a full glass of water will help the craving pass and also hydrate you, it will help minimize the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. Instead of lighting a cigarette, use to light a candle or some incense. Whenever you light a cigarette, try to keep reminding yourself that you are burning your health by doing this.
- Try to keep your mind as much busy as you can in a new and proper method. Make some music that you like, do a crossword or sudoku puzzle. Try to spend your free time playing some exciting games like football, cricket, badminton or you can also use online games.
- In place of smoking, cigarettes use to suck on a drinking straw with a healthy drink or juice. Take other things around to pop in your mouth when the craving hits try mints or gum.
- When you start to taking recovery from smoking and drinking, feel as much motivated as you can, and appreciate it on your own. It will support you to come out from a tempting situation of health risks such as heart diseases and lung cancer, for example. You should analyze the advantage of enhancing your self-esteem and your money savings.
- Try to give a statement of yourself about the dangers of smoking that cigarettes contain more than 4,000 chemical compounds and 400 toxic chemicals that includes tar, carbon monoxide make you highly addictive. There are so many diseases caused by smoking. The addition of tobacco devaluates your social and self-esteem.
HOW TO STOP DRINKING-
Over drinking puts you at risk for some serious diseases such as mouth esophagus, liver, and breast cancer. It causes too, makes the immune system weak, and you always feel some laziness. If a person drinks every day, he will quickly catch colds, flu, or other illnesses more frequently than a pertain who doesn’t drink.
If you realize that you have a severe drinking problem, you should be determined to find a better recovery.
- Firstly you should inform your family and friends that you are trying to do your best to stop drinking alcohol and you need their support. In this way, you can find a successful process of recovery by sharing your struggling steps with them. Then they will surely give you their support.
- Find new hobbies, interests, and activities, will give you a sense of meaning and purpose. You might be in good feelings by the fulfillment of your work in a new method, and you can find a helping line to the rescue of an addiction that is making you decline physically, socially, and mentally.
- One thing that will inevitably occur when you are going to fight your addiction that you may feel stressed and very restless. Try to find healing ways to keep your stress level in your control. Avoid the things and people who provoke you to drink. Try some exercises and other relaxing techniques that can help you to reduce your stress effectively.
- Whenever you are craving alcohol, there’s a tendency to remember the positive effects of drinking and forget the adverse effects and feelings. You need to fight this tendency by keeping remember the harmful effects of alcohol on your health and learning power.
- Withdraw from alcohol safely because your body becomes physically dependant on alcohol. When you suddenly try to stop drinking, you may face symptoms of alcohol withdrawal range such as headache, shaking, sweating, vomiting, anxiety, trouble sleeping, and elevated heart rate.
- Therefore start the process carefully and slowly; keep a diary of your drinking to help you to reach the goal of less alcohol and after you will find the positive results. Try to keep your journal for 1 month. It will show you how much you drink and when you drink, then you will find the difference in your drinks amount.
- To stay alcohol-free life for the long term, you will need to make a different proper life where drinking no longer has exist. If certain people’s places or activities create a craving for alcohol, try to escape or avoid them. Here you should need to give up those friends who use to drink alcohol and try to make new friends with this effort. You will make significant changes.
- You must have the right food in your diet to prevent mood swings and to fight carving dates and bitter gourd have plentiful benefits. Use whole grains, things containing vitamin b, proteins low in fat, and cayenne pepper are the select types of food to eat when detoxing from alcohol.
- Join a recovery support group and attend meetings regularly. Spending time with people who understands what you are going through can be helpful and healing. You can also take benefit by sharing the experiences of group members. In this way, you may learn what others have done to stay calm.
There are a lot of harmful habits that we use in our lives, but some severe addictions can affect very severely your physical, mental, and emotional health. If you are working hard to get rid of your harmful habits or addiction, you may definitely find a better recovery.
Always remind yourself that there is no safe level of smoking and drinking. There is an 87% higher risk of dying earlier than people who never used to smoking. People die 24 – 28 years earlier with alcohol use disorders.